Wow! Time truly flies... It's 1:45 am and I just came back from the hospital visiting Maddie from the nicu. She is doing well and her swelling has gone down considerably. She is looking alot better post-op. Every time I look at her I'm truly amazed how far she's come. Today I really wasn't feeling well. I woke up at 4 am and mumbled to my hubby I was in pain. I went to my 2nd dr's appt today. I am having pains down there and prayed to God there is no infection. I had fear it would affect my fertility. I do want to have more children sometime in the near future. But the pain still is there. I know my dr cares because i received a voicemail this evening to call back in the morning. I had a pelvic ultrasound and they saw some fluid pockets. Most likely it's a ruptured ovarian cyst. But I will find out the results tomorrow. Please pray everything will be ok. My mother in law just came this past Sunday to help us get the place ready for Madison. She will be helping us. Most of the days my mind has been everywhere but mostly on Madison. I miss her every time I have to leave the hospital to come home. Alot of people think I must have it easy when I come home to relax, but it's the hardest thing to leave the nicu and leave your baby there. Especially more so because Madison has been more alert. My favorite thing I've noticed about my baby is that her eye motor skills are becoming more coordinated. I loved how she scanned my face up down all around... I can't wait to watch her grow in every which way. It has been a long rocky road. I still can't believe Madison has been in the nicu since July. We hope that she will get well soon and come home as a healthy baby!
ps- she finally pooped on her own today! Thank God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Anyone who thinks its easy for you to come home & relax is either not a parent or a fool. I couldn't imagine having to leave my daughters side & you are truly amazing for staying so strong. I am so happy she is getting stronger & pooped! God is good!
ReplyDeleteYou have been amazingly strong - I can't even imagine what it would feel like to leave my son or daughter in the hospital. Madison will be ready to come home soon and that will be the greatest day of your life, because you will finally be able to focus on both of your recovery in the comfort of your own home. We have been thinking and praying for you and your family - I am sorry to here about the cyst - hopefully it isn't anything serious that would affect your future - but with everything so far this year - stick by your mantra to trust in God!
ReplyDeleteI'm a few days behind! Or I should say--I read this post while feeding Ella a while back, but this was the first chance I've had to respond.
ReplyDeleteHallelujah! Praise God for baby poop!! So great to hear that she pooped on her own! After this ordeal, I know that you'll never complain about changing poopy diapers in the future! I'm so excited that Madison will be able to come home with you soon! What a joy that will be!
I'm sorry to hear that you are uncomfortable and in pain--any news on the results?