Tuesday, October 12, 2010
40 weeks
Hello... It's been a long time and I apologize for the lack of posts. I've been visiting the hospital daily making sure Madison knows I'm by her side. Today would have been her due date, "Happy would-be birthday". I am so thankful she is here and growing strong each day. Before I go to sleep I wanted to write a short post about her progress. She gained weight (though mostly fluids) she's 6 lbs 4 oz! I noticed the huge increase in just a few days. Just last week she was 4 lbs 13 oz. I couldn't believe it. As you all know, Madison has a stoma (where part of her intestines stick outside of her stomach). She will have her surgery this Thursday, the 14th to reconnect the intestines. Soon she will poop like any other baby :) Doctors are happy with her progress. Still it's a very nervous day for me because with every surgery there is a risk. Please pray for her safety and a quick recovery! I will post up photos soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Janet! This is wonderful news about her weight gain! Praise God! I am lifting you and Madison up in prayer continually as we look forward to her surgery on Thursday!
ReplyDeleteMy continued prayers are with you. I'm so so glad to hear that she is doing well. Thank you for sharing her progress.
ReplyDelete-Tracy
Continuing to hold you guys in prayer!
ReplyDelete