Good morning... I hope everyone had a great weekend! I figured I'd give a quick update before I head off to NY in a few hours. I managed to reschedule my specialist's appointment for my return. Yesterday Eddie and I enjoyed dim sum in C-town (Boston) yesterday at China Pearl. And we came home with food coma and rested for awhile. Then for dinner we enjoyed a delicious meal at the Helmand restaurant in somerville. It was my 1st time trying Afghani food and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how good the food was. Every bite was new and tasty! We enjoyed the Mantwo, Banjana, Kaddo and beef Theeka kabob. The mantwo is a pastry shell filled with onions and beef w/ yogurt and veggies. The Ashuk is a ravioli filled with leeks/scallions & yogurt/ground beef & mint. The beef kabab is prime rib of beef w/ puree onion, sun-dried grapes & garlic. And the Kaddo is my favorite! - baked baby pumpkin w/ sugar + yogurt garlic sauce/ground beef sauce. All these fusion of exotic flavors really made my tummy happy. If you ever come to Boston, visit here. especially if you want to try something new. It was truly a good experience. My hubby and I felt like we were going on a date =)
I have a few errands to run before my hubby drops me off. He was worried about me commuting to NY on amtrak or bus so he ordered a limo liner. I've never taken one before but he swears that this is the most comfortable bus. I might feel a bit awkward because typically corporate business people tend to take this bus. And I plan on dressing very comfortable for this trip. But I look forward to the vip treatment that my hubby proclaims. =P
In the meanwhile, I can't help but not worry about my lil' girl in my belly. I have been praying for ease of mind and protection for the baby while on this trip. It takes average 3-5 hrs to commute to NYC and then I have to take a ferry to my parent's home. Hopefully my lil' girl will be a trooper and hang in there.
Wishing everyone a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thinking of you! I had a little bit of a concerning weekend as well (nothing too crazy...just enough to say some extra prayers). I hope that it's a good trip. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say that I appreciate you sharing your journey. It gives me comfort. I just lost my son to pre-term labor at 23 weeks and hope for a future family still. Thank you again.
ReplyDelete