I want to thank everyone for their constant prayers. I'm sorry I wasn't able to post sooner. Lately I haven't been feeling well and I've been on bedrest. I'm trying not to worry but I've been definitely week and been having some discomfort in my stomach.
First I want to share that my 12 week u/s went well. I was unable to scan the photo but wanted to write a quick post on my updates. I've passed the 12 week mark so I was partially relieved. I met with my specialist and also my obgyn dr. the same day. My dr. said he would call me the next day to consult me whether surgery was necessary and would need to discuss it with my specialist. Sure enough, the next day I received a call and he confirmed I would need a cerclage. Though there was not enough u/s to determine whether I have an incompetent cervix or not. We did confirm that my cervix had shortened significantly at 20 weeks and may have been contributed to the contractions. Nevertheless, we thought best that the risks of the surgery outweigh the risks of losing the baby again in the 20 weeks range.
So! With that said I am really nervous about my cerclage surgery this coming Friday. I know there is some risk to losing the baby if there's any irritation to the cervix, infection or rupture of membranes. I am praying to God that He is in control of the dr's hands while he operates on me. The second thing I'm really nervous about is the spinal anesthesia. I hear it's a 3.5 inch needle inserted in your spine prior to the surgery. The procedure should only be at most 30-60 minutes and post operative a few hours to see how I'm doing after the surgery.
In addition to that I've had a restless night of tooth ache which I'm really worried about because I hear it can contribute to infection and eventually preterm labor or miscarriage. The difficult decision in this is that I'm not allowed to take tylenol 1 week before the surgery and I'll have to wait to visit the dentist next week. I'm nervous because it's still quite early to visit the dentist but hear it's safe enough to go. I'm waiting to ask my dr. directly about my dentist visit this Friday and see what he thinks in terms of safety of the baby.
My hubby has been busy at work but he's already prepared another room for me in the guest room because the t.v. is there. I'm just preparing in case I need to be on extended bedrest. The most important thing right now is to make sure we're doing everything we can to help the baby reach full-term.
Lately...I've been feeling more nauseous, weak and sleepy. Hopefully these are all normal signs of pregnancy. ok...must go back to resting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow Janet! Now I feel so bad for not being more patient for your update. I had no idea you were facing these complications. I lift you and this baby up in my prayers. I, too, pray that God direct the hands of the doctors on Friday. I pray that God ease the pain of the toothache. And mostly, I pray that God keep this baby growing and developing. Please let me know if there is anything I can do...reading materials? DVDs? Hang in there and God bless!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete...sending happy thoughts your way...
Wow! I am so sorry you have to deal with getting the cerclage on top of your fears of losing this little one. I will be praying for the doctors guidance and you, your hubby and babies strength. Like Laura, please let me know if you need anything.
ReplyDeletesaying prayers... It's scary, but you can do it! 16 weeks of bedrest, starting at 11w with my cerclage, brought me beautiful (almost) 28w twins, who are doing great. You are doing great!!!
ReplyDelete