Oh...Where do I begin. This has been the roughest week for me. On 4/19th, mon. after coming back from NY I went to the dr's office to check on my spotting and heavy feeling down there. My regular dr. was out and so was my specialist. However, the dr. that operated on my on fri. 4/9 was able to see me. He recommended that I go see the specialist right away and they did a u/s. My cervix measured 3.5 which was normal but I was surprised that I was put on complete bed rest. That means no getting up unless you have to go the bathroom. I was not allowed to do simple house chores like wash the dishes, clean the bathroom, cook, or even walk my little shitzu. They said they needed to take precaution because it's near the time of my 2nd trimester loss. So for a whole week I've been bedridden. I was not allowed to be sitting upright in bed because it would put pressure on my cervix. It was difficult to type emails or even do simple things without sitting up in bed. I wasn't even allowed to do that.
Yesterday evening I had a sharp shooting pain down there and I can now feel the baby move. I was worried but not enough to run to e.r. It was Sunday evening and the pains eventually subsided. For some reason I kept running to the bathroom because I had to go every few hours. My only sanity was keeping in touch with my family and friends by phone or texting on my blackberry. I felt better today but was still worried about what had gone wrong yesterday? For some reason in the evenings I always felt like there some activity going on with my belly. I knew the difference between round ligament pains which is stretching pains of the uterus. But what I was worried about was....how would i know if my cervix is dilating or contracting. I remembered the night before I gave birth to Jacob I was having silent contractions. These are questions I asked my dr. and he said to always listen to my body. Because of my history, it's ok to come into the dr's office anytime I feel something is wrong. Thanks to mom, she said just to call the dr's office just to be sure those symptoms were normal. I didn't even want to go in today because I had 2 dr. appt's tomorrow early afternoon. Even when I was assuring the nurse everything is ok now, she told me to come in.
We heard the baby's heart beat today. It was strong. And the dr. said my cervix was tightly closed. Tomorrow we will measure my cervix and compare the 1 week's difference. I always look forward to the u/s because I get to see my baby again. Tomorrow will be my hubby's first u/s visit with me. I will also be getting my very first progesterone shot which eventually my hubby will have to administer. Well here's the good news! I'm back on modified bed rest. In fact my dr. encourages me to walk a block or two but not to over do it. So 3 good news today... The baby is ok, the cervix is closed and I can walk!!! =) I even got permission to go to NY again to get my crown for the root canal. I even get to see my mom for mother's day weekend. I can't wait to see my family again.
Tomorrow I will be 16 weeks. I truly thank God for protecting our baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, Janet! I was really hoping that things were going to get easier after the surgery. I'm sorry to hear that you continue to experience concerns. But I'm so glad that you had a great day today! I hope that the good news keeps on coming! God bless!
ReplyDeletePraising God for 16 weeks and praying for 16 more good ones! (Well, 24 more good ones!) :)
ReplyDelete