First of all I want to thank everyone for their constant prayers. The cerclage surgery went very smooth. The procedure itself was very quick. However, the actual stitching was about 10 - 15 minutes. That was quick! And the spinal anesthesia went well too. I loved my anesthesiologist and said I want to request for him on the day I deliver! I was thankful for a painless surgery. I was thankful that I had an awesome surgical team who made me laugh and forget that I was in operation (well...almost).
So even though I got admitted into the surgical center at 6:50 am...I was discharged at 2:00 pm. I was kept watch after the surgery with 3 full bags of iv fluids. It took a long time for the spinal to wear off. My hubby and I were getting worried because I couldn't pee after 2 tries. The nurse said it was normal because the spinal anesthesia affected my sphincter. She warned if I couldn't go they couldn't release me and if I was about to feel pain or burst, they would have to use a catheter to help me urinate. I heard it was painful. I looked at my hubby and said I'm going to try again. The third time was a charm. Yay! Finally the spinal was wearing off and now I can finally go home.
It's normal to feel some discomfort down there and some spotting. I remained in strict bedrest for the rest of the weekend. The only thing that I felt was some heaviness and I was concerned so I went to see my dr. today. My husband took an hour off from work to drive me because I'm still on bedrest. The good news is that everything was ok. I felt almost guilty for going in but I had to make sure that my cervix wasn't effacing (even with the cerclage). The most assuring thing my doctor said to me was that I did the right thing by coming in. I was pleasantly surprised and comforted by his comment. I remember this is why I switched doctors. It's the support that was the most important thing to me especially coming from a doctor.
When I got home, I placed my hand on my tummy and said a prayer of thankfulness. I will be honest, the night before the surgery I was real nervous and poured out tears. I think it was a culmination of many things but my dad comforted me by saying a prayer. Did I say how I woke up at 3:30 am, 4:30 am and finally 5:50 am. I must have been nervous!
Well tomorrow I will be 14 weeks. And my faith is growing... I thank God for each day for thanking care of our baby.
ps- if anyone has any questions about cerclage feel free to ask.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So good to hear from you and to know that everything went well! I'm so glad to hear that you are in good hands with your doctor and the surgical team. Yay for 14 weeks tomorrow! And PS--I woke up at 4:00 am my time on Friday (without an alarm) and got to pray for you as you were heading in. God is apparently a good alarm clock. :) Continue to heal and be good to yourself!
ReplyDelete