Thursday, May 31, 2012
Online Shopping + the joy of gift certificates
So I woke up this morning early from a dream and couldn't go back to sleep. At first I usually check my email and browse the news. I ended up shopping online for Madison's books. Usually I borrow them from the library. But then I realized Madison really likes certain books. Like the Pantone Color Book. I just picked it up because I wanted to teach her colors but she ended up growing attach to it. So it's my mission to find this book online because I can't find it in stores nearby.
As I was spring cleaning I found a barnes and noble gift card and called their customer service to find out how much credit I had on the card. $15 Yay! Yesterday Madison's speech therapist from Early Intervention (a service provided by the state) suggested getting magnet books which are also great for travel or just your average family outing to a restaurant. I thought this was a great idea. Maybe I might've went a little bit overboard but I purchased 5 magnet books and 1 alphabet pop-up book from 6 different vendors! They are all used but I felt like being a little green. Sure the shipping charges were ridiculous and even though the books were $1, you ended up paying $3-$5 for shipping. But I probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't have the gift card. So spent $19 on 6 books which wasn't bad at all. I patted myself on the back for such a great deal and I look forward to receiving the books soon.
Then I knew I had a collection of gift cards so I started browsing at isis parenting. There are about 2 things that are on top of my wish list. One is the Sand & Water Table which I found for much less on one step ahead. And the other is a My Carry Potty which I think is a disturbing idea. Here's a great review I read on a mommy's personal blog. But another clever invention! You don't have to search around for a bathroom everytime your little one has to go. Although Madison is still using her diapers and not potty trained. I know it's time. I've purchased the Fisher Price Cheer for Me Potty but she's got as far as sitting on the cover. I'll count that as progress because at first she was only playing with it. Here's a blinged up version of my potty and how the story began.
Well, I ended up just taking a break from online shopping. It was fun while I lasted but I don't want to be latched to my computer all day. It can be quite addicting. I will keep everyone posted on the books if they were worth buying used or overall a good experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've never heard of magnet books--I'll need to look them up! My mom bought a sand-water table for Ella; though we have opted to skip the sand and just use the whole thing for water (we figure we have plenty of sand and dirt out here in the desert!). She loves it, and I would imagine that Madison will as well. :)
ReplyDelete