Thursday, March 3, 2011

So no photo as of now but Eddie got me an iPad just before his 1 week trip to California. It's been less than a week since I've had this and we just heard the ipad2 is launching on 3/11! So thankfully I'm able to return this one and wait to get the new one. It's also made it possible to have the ease of typing anytime.

This post is really sharing a thought I've kept to myself a long time. Staying long hours here at he hospital; correction...living here has made me consider a career in the healthcare field. Could it be that Madison is training me to wake up at 4 am every morning. Not quite. It all began when we were discharged 1/28 and we returned less than 14 hrs back to E.R. On the day of her 4th surgery Eddie and I were in the cafeteria and I just said I know this is going to sound crazy but I'm considering going into the healthcare field. To my surprise he was so supportive and said why don't you become a doctor? My answer to that was don't you think its too late for that. And he responded Not at all...it's a lifetime career.

Still my 1 st priority is Madison. I've looked into several areas to weigh all my options. The route that makes sense is to look into n.p. But I'm still considering med school. I never thought I would share this but after much prayer and thought and countless talks with the drs, surgeons, nurses and students I'm still thinking about going for it after 9 months. I would definitely need the support of family and friends because this won't be easy at all. I wouldn't be applying until spring of 2012 or fall. In the interim I'm taking prerequsities to fulfill my science credits.

It certainly isn't easy to study when Madison is my full time job. So I'm continuing to pray if this is the right choice for me and my family. I meet with doctors on a daily basis and I always pray for continual wisdom to advocate what's best for Madison. Often times I would have to search whatever materials I can get my hands on and research the situation at hand.

At least I have 1 year to think this through. To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That would be quite an adventure! But God calls us in so many weird (and awesome) ways! You have definitely had your share of exposure to the world of healthcare! Praying for wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think our kids lead us to where we need to be. Otherwise, I wouldnt be training to be a doula and CBE for parents experiencing losses! Talk about a place I thought I'd never be, and then, there is was, right in front of me: mendingheartbellies.com

    I know that you will do great, whether it is as an NP or a MD or whatever... And that many families will benefit from your compassion. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete