So I finally got the iPad 2 and now I'm able to write posts with a little more convenience. Hubby inscribed a message on the back saying, "Most amazing mommy...Always committed, All for family". I know it's a little late but I have to say thank you again to all who have been so supportive to our family in prayer and in thought. Sometimes when you don't have a clear answer or time frame it's hard to take the time to say a simple thank you. Awhile back we went home and I remember 2 weeks prior to Madison's discharge date I completed her homecoming announcement which was supposed to also be thank you's. But now almost 2 months have gone by and during that I've been so uncertain of Madison's future. Now she's almost 8 months (5 months) corrected or adjusted...and we have a goal of 2 weeks to reach her goal feedings. Finally! I can be excited about possibly going home. Madison started her 1st full feeding yesterday by bottle every 2 hrs and overnight she received continous feeds through her ng tube via nose. She was at 34 ml's x 2, so 68 ml's every 2 hrs. Today they upped her to 36 ml's per hr so every 3 hrs she gets 108 ml's. We struggled a little bit but I was very understanding because this is the most she's ever gotten in awhile. I'm proud of our Madison. She is now over 13 lbs! So we have a lot to look forward to. I hope we get to go home before Easter.
Hope to write again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you have an actual deadline. Praying that your precious Madison continues to get better & better.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful inscription from your hubby.
Janet, I keep you and Madison in my prayers. I'll be continuing to pray for the two of you in the next two weeks as you work towards her feeding goals. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteGood job Madison! Praying that she continues to grow big and strong and that her feedings go smoothly as they increase!
ReplyDelete