I'm so sorry this has been a long due post. January and February have been rough months in every way. I wanted to give a quick update on Madison. A long story short Madison was discharged 2/28 and came back to the hospital in less than 14 hours. I was able to spot all the signs with the help of a visiting nurse and calls to the surgeon. I've been so strong up til' then and just broke down in E.R. I was so anxious to come home with Madison only to be disappointed with a quick return. Now with a month almost past, we're still here. Few days upon Maddie being admitted into the hospital, dr's decided to operate her. She had a stricture (scarring in her intestines) which caused blockage. So they reconnected her intestines. Prior to surgery she had a stoma.
Madison has grown since then and reached several milestones. I feel just within the past few weeks she's been growly quickly physically and developmentally. She's able to babble back and pick up things. She recently sat up on her own for a short time. Her hair is growing in a mohawk way. One thing hasn't changed. She still loves her ducky binky and cries anytime it falls out of her mouth. She's able to hold it in better and her hand motor skills are becoming refined. And my favorite part...she smiles alot more often.
Hubby is in Cali for a biz trip and his dad's big 70th bday. I wish I could be there but I wouldn't leave Maddie alone. I've enjoyed the days even though it's been difficult living at the hospital which I will write future posts regarding room mates. I've learned so much and also had sleepless nights. You can see the video we made yesterday for Maddie's L.A. grandpa.
Here are some photos...

She looks absolutely wonderful!! I keep you and her in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!! You guys are in our prayers.
ReplyDelete