Monday, April 11, 2011

Homecoming Announcement! Madison is home!

Madison came home this past Friday (April 8th) at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. It won't be so hard for us to remember this day because it's the day of the Red Sox Opening Game. It was both an exciting and nervous moment for both Edmond and I. She still has an ng feeding tube for overnight continuous feeds but it's only for a short while to get her up to her goal feeds. We have a dr's followup visit coming very soon and hopefully within a week or two the ng feeding tube will be removed very soon! :) I'm so proud of our little Madison she has been through so much the 8+ past months. We sent out a message to our Church (see message below).

Announcement
Hi Everyone!

We wanted to announce that Madison is finally home after 8+ long months at both Brigham's Women Hospital/Children's Hospital Boston. Madison Ashley Kim arrived home at 3:00 pm yesterday. She was born on July 6th, 2010 at 1 pound 11 ounces and arrived home on April 8th, 2011 at 13 pounds 1/2 pounds (6.12 kilograms). We want to thank everyone again for your constant prayers. God is good!

I haven't updated our blog yet but to keep up with Madison's news you can visit
http://trustingodbaby.blogspot.com/

Thank you!
Many Blessings & Love,
Janet, Edmond and Madison Kim


It's almost 4:30 am and I'm still pumping only because I'm engorged. But I've decided to wean off soon. My goal was to pump up to 6 months and it's already the 8th month. Madison just started a special formula called neocate last week. I found that motherhood definitely has it's rewards but I'm seriously pooped. Especially because of the medical attention I need to care for Madison. Tonight at 1:30 am Maddie pulled out her ng tube and we had to replace a new one. Sticking a long thin tube up her nose is not very easy. But we didn't want to go to ER and wait hours just to replace a nose tube. I have to give credit to dad because he replaced a new one. If anyone can give advice on how to get things done without having to stay up in the wee early hours in the morning, I'm willing to listen! =) We're expecting the visiting nurse to come tomorrow to see if Maddie gained weight. Edmond and I find it amazing to see Madison right before our eyes. Not too long ago our baby came from 1 lb 11 oz to 13 1/2 pounds. I'm just happy to say we're finally home.

This is to thank all the nurses and doctors at both Brigham Women Hospital NICU and Children's Hospital Boston. Thank you for making Maddie well. We are so grateful to everyone who have kept us in their prayers and thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Janet! You're making me cry at work!! Praise God that Madison is home with you!! And you're right that parenting is hard work--and I give you credit because I can imagine that it would be 100 times harder with having Madison in the hospital for more than eight months! But like the rest of us, you'll get the hang of it. And we'll be praying for you and supporting you along the way. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finally getting her home! Its been a long, and difficult road, but I'm sure that it'll be far more enjoyable now.
    We can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best news! So happy for you and your family that Madison is finally home - you have dedicated the past 8 months to make sure she is healthy and stays strong and now you can finally enjoy time together as a family in your own surroundings. God Bless and keep us updated on her progress!!

    ReplyDelete