... it's been awhile since I posted and I wanted to let everyone know the u/s went well...
It's such a beautiful day!! I thought it'd be a good day to run some errands after having much needed bed rest. As the weeks go by I'm feeling a little better! I stopped by staples to get labels for my client...CVS to get "pregnancy & newborn" and "FitPregnancy" magazines...the asian market to get some tofu and fresh noodles.... and several tee's to stretch during my pregnancy without breaking my wallet (4 shirts for $27!)
Just yesterday I was so blessed to have a few girls over last night and I hosted our very first women's bible study. M lead the meeting and I was so touched. Before that I went on a cleaning craze with seventh generation. After learning that the products are non-toxic I was literally spring cleaning the entire house. Lately I've been so cautious... especially after 2 losses. I read the labels on products I use, I make sure I check that anything I eat is safe for pregnancy before consuming. sigh... sometimes it can drive you nuts.
So both my sister-in-laws are pregnant and further along. It's hard not to be happy for everyone. My hubby's sister is at the nesting stage and already decorating the baby room. Those are things I want to be excited about but nervous about when to start planning. Alot of people ask me this question especially because I'm a designer. I wanted to start after 24 weeks which is when the baby is viable, makes sense wouldn't it? My theory is that if you think happy thoughts, it will give you greater hope. Another question that I've always wondered for high risk pregnancy... when do you plan a baby shower? These are things I won't worry about until the time comes.
Lately I have been sad about not being able to go to my studio. I specialize in letterpress printing and I've had to avoid my design studio like the plague. If anyone knows anything about letterpress, back in the day they used lead type. You would place metal letters to form words into sentences and when you feed the paper into the press you would get what is called relief-printing...a nice deep crisp impression. Two things that are dangerous for the developing baby: 1) exposure to lead 2) oil based inks. The good news is I use polymer plates which do not contain lead. I have not been in my studio for 2 months and a part of me feels empty. I know the possibility of me letting go of my company may be difficult but these are sacrifices I need to make for the future of our baby. I have a very supportive husband who's willing to give up one weekend to make this work. So lately I've been designing from home and been on printing hiatus.
I still miss letterpressing and thought if it's safe for me to get up on my two feet (hopefully no bed rest) then I may start up a new collection w/out use of inks. Almost with the effect of blind embossed. I've always loved the clean simplicity of white paper and a beautiful impression of patterns and designs. But I won't be disappointed if I don't because the most important thing right now is to protect the baby and do whatever it takes for the next 6 1/2 months...
If there's anything that I'm going to learn, it will be patience....
Til' next time...adieu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy your u/s went well. I didn't do anything with the nursery until I was 20 weeks. I will be 24 tomorrow and we just finished painting it but the furniture is not set up yet. My showers are on 4/24 & 5/1 and I'm due 7/9. Also, both of my SIL's are pregnant too! My brothers wife is due exactly one month before me and hubby's sister is 19 days after me!
ReplyDeleteSo glad things went well!
ReplyDeleteWe actually did our nursery early. We didnt have it done for Nick and Sophie and, after losing them, that was so hard... To not HAVE that space. So, we did it for Alex, and, even though he never slept there, it was nice to go in there and remember....
We had Bobby and Maya's shower when I would have been 30 weeks. They were born and in the NICU by then, but it was a time that we felt would work well.