Monday, June 25, 2012

I've been preparing for Madison's birthday party the first weekend of July. She will be 2! I can't believe it's been nearly 2 years since I've prayed for her to come into this world. I'm so thankful. Last night I decided to submit a birthday card to Sprout t.v. for her favorite sprout show with chica. It's not always a guarantee that your card will be shown but it's worth the try. Her eyes light up every time the birthday song comes on. I finally finished the card which is the size of my laptop?! And it was a bit more involved then I had expected. So I decided that it will be her birthday card too but the real card will be submitted in the mail tomorrow. I will definitely post up the card after the show :) On June 23rd we drove an hour and 1/2 to see the famous Eric Carle who illustrated the Very Hungry Caterpillar. It was definitely worth the trip. We went to the Eric Carle Museum in Amherst, MA. He signed her pop-up and board book just in time for her birthday. Theme? Can you guess. Yes, the Very Hungry Caterpillar. After doing a google search on party ideas I found out Eric Carle was going to be in town. I hope to share with you pictures from her birthday party. On Father's day I made him a handmade photo calendar + father's day card he loved. (see one of the samples below) We went the to the Discovery Museum which Madison loved! It's a cute victorian house filled with different theme playrooms. She also loved the huge sandbox and the science building. Today we had a meeting with a daycare center that's top on our list. I never knew how daunting the task was to research daycare centers. How expensive most were and how many were already filled up. This one was referred to us by our favorite speech therapist. After our second meeting with the owner of the daycare, E and I are very comfortable with our decision. She'll only be going half-time but I'm excited for her to socialize and also have some structured learning. We also learned from our nutritionist that children tend to improve their eating from learning from their peers. We were excited about this because our little one is a picky eater. I am nervous and excited for her because it'll be the first time I'm apart from her. It will also be my first time having "ME" time which will be nice.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Addy is absolutely in LOVE w/the Sprout channel. We will be watching for Madison's card! Hope they show it. Can you believe they are going to be 2?! I haven't even gotten out Addy's invitations yet! So happy you are all doing well & your little miracle is growing healthy & strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind in commenting, but she looks amazing! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete