Quite honestly it's been a long time since I've last posted. These past few days have been overwhelming and thankfully not because of Madison. I came down to NYC for a confidential interview for the Boston area. On November 12th, Jacob would have been 3 years old. My husband, Maddie and I drove to the cemetery and lifted up a balloon in his memory. We miss you and love you Jacob November. It was a windy day. I took 2 photos of Madison and E that had interesting bright rays of light shining on them. I would have like to have thought he was with us there in spirit. When I look past these 3 years it has been a true test and journey of healing. I thank God everyday for Madison because she is a miracle. And that alone was a true test of faith.
Friday we celebrated my dad's birthday with the best sushi and sashimi. Most of all I think he was just happy to see Madison because we don't get to visit home as often as we would like. It was so wonderful to see my brother too! I visited his work place on wall street the day after Occupy NY. Thank goodness I didn't have to deal with the madness. I must say he has the most spectacular view of NYC's gorgeous landscape. I will try to post of pictures hopefully soon of my trip to NY. I'm still trying to figure out my ipad2 blogging features. I'm not as tech saavy but will make the effort! :)
Yesterday (Sat.) I headed into the city to do my trend research. Though it was an exhausting day, I enjoyed the vibrant and fast pace lifestyle. Even in NYC you can sense the excitement of the holiday season especially in Rockafellar Center. I was so grateful that my mom was able to watch over Madison. Even though it wasn't enough time, I was able to enjoy the 14th St. Union Square holiday fair the most. It's my favorite time of year where they set out open vendor space to bakers, jewelry artists, children's gifts and more. It was the 1st place where I bought my hubby his 1st Christmas gift.
After almost a year of being in the hospital with Maddie and adjusting to homelife, I've made a promise to set out to do the things I enjoy. Lately I've been crocheting; a hobby I learned while on bed rest. Decorating Madison's room. Baking! Getting back into anything creative which I thrive on.
Well today is Sunday. And I'm off to Boston with Maddie. She's really attached to my mom and I hope us leaving after a few days won't upset her too much. But most of all I hope it will be a non-stressful and safe drive back home. Driving to NY took about 5 hours. I'm hoping to shoot for 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. I can't wait to see E.
Hope to write something soon again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was just thinking of you! No seriously. I'm reading the Duggar book & they talk a lot about their baby & it's amazing how similiar some of the stuff she went through matches your journey with Maddie. Your baby really is a miracle.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to visit with your Jacob for his 3rd birthday. It is nice to hear from you. God bless!
Great to hear from you!! I'm so glad that Maddie got some special grandma-time. I wish Ella got to spend more time with my parents (in CA). How are your classes going? I'm so proud of you for getting into the holiday spirit and taking on new projects! Let us know how Maddie is doing. :)
ReplyDelete