Hello! I know this post is long due and I Hope all the mothers out there had a wonderful and relaxing Mother's day yesterday! Madison is having a quick shut eye and she usually fights her sleep. I wanted to post up a few quick photos to update everyone upon request. Just in a quick nutshell... It's exactly a month since yesterday that Maddie's been home and I cant believe how quick time flew by. She turned 10 months old on the 6th! And she's almost 15 pounds! I have to keep reminding myself Madison is really 7 months adjusted or corrected developmentally so I have to stop myself from comparing her to other babies at 10 months old. Madison is blabbing now and pointing at things. She still loves to kick and is developing fine motor skills. And my favorite part she loves to laugh!
Yesterday dad and I went to stroll with the Brigham and women's March of Dimes to fight prematurity at beacon hill/Boston commons park. It was a lovely day. It was also nice to bump into an old church friend Helen and Norman. I'm always constantly thinking about the friends and people who helped us along the way in this tough journey. I can't forget family too. All I can say is being a mom is tough but it doesnt beat the true rewards of loving your daughter and family. This journey of faith was totally worth it and being a mom rocks!
Just recently Madison has been going out more. And it wasn't until this week that we've been taking her to target and the mall. It wasn't easy but now I can finally breathe. The toughest part of coming home was having her tube fed overnight and seeing the tube in her nose. After a few nights of vomiting and finding out that the ng tube was not in the right place I asked per,ission to challenge her. Now she's drinking 5 ounces every 3 hours. I never knew how hard it was to feed a baby and we never had this problem in the begining. But I can understand Madison's situation because she was npo for months several time. Even with all the additional grays in my hair, I thank God each day and enjoy every tiny blessing. So I truly hope every mother had a well deserved relaxing Mother's day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy Mother's Day! I'm so glad she is doing better each day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers Day Janet!! What a glorious reason to celebrate (and embrace the gray hairs)! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteVery Happy Mother's day to you Janet! So happy to hear that things are just getting better. Think & pray for you often. Very nice to hear from you. God Bless.
ReplyDelete