
Madison is 5 months old today. I won't be able to write a long post but just wanted to let everyone know that Madison will go into her 3rd surgery tomorrow. She will be getting a stoma. Surgeons will evaluate her in 6 months and possibly reconnect her intestines. They gave her a chance to heal for 6+ weeks and her xrays show that her intestines are still dilated and enlarged. They gave her medicine to sterilize her bowel for surgery prep and she vomited twice. After I had a colonoscopy on Friday, I knew full well that the stomach acids can burn your bum! I heard the medicine can also make you poop often. I heard a loud one and her bowel smelled very acidic. I put tons of cream to help protect her bum. It's tough seeing her go through surgery even though she's bigger now. I guess because I know she's aware of her surroundings more. Well the good news is that she's stronger and 9 lbs and 1/2 oz (9.06). We just did a photo shoot this past Sunday and we look forward to receiving the proofs on the 21st. Well...I need to run back to taking careof Maddie. I've been slowly adding photos on facebook. This was taken on Saturday on my phone. She was up all day and finally gone to sleep.
Please pray that the surgery will be successful and that Madison will be comforted during the procedure. I will keep everyone posted. She will be transferring from the pediatric floor to the nicu for post op recovery.
Thank you!

I will be praying for you and Masison today!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you and Masison today!
ReplyDeleteJanet and Eddie, we know full well how difficult it is for you both right now! Our prayers are with you both and Maddie today. We look forward to the post-surgery report. ((HUGS)) Take care.
ReplyDeleteRichard and Sarah Graumann
So good to hear from you! I hope all went well with Madison's surgery. You are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear from you! And happy 5mo Madison!!! Prayers for you guys...
ReplyDelete