Friday, December 10, 2010

48 weeks 3 days - 3 days Post Op




So Madison's surgery went well! (12/7 at 1:40 pm) She was wide awake when I went to recovery room at 4:40 pm. We stayed there for 3 hours while she was prepped to go back to the room. Thankfully she was off the ventilator which meant she can go back to her old room and not the nicu. Maddie is still in alot of pain 2 days post op, so they're giving her morphine and tylenol.

Yesterday we had a pleasant surprise. We heard from the child life specialist that Katy Perry was coming to visit the 10th floor. That's where Maddie is! I can't say she met her because she fell asleep but Katy adored her pink cheetah outfit. She came to Boston to do a performance at the jingle ball kiss 108 fm concert. I felt honored that she took the time to come to Children's for charity and brighten the kids day... Just a few days before we saw the celtics as they were leaving the stage but grabbed a quick photo of Shaq from afar and 2 newbie players up close.

(sorry i lost my train of thought because i had to run to Maddie's cry. I actually woke up to a brady alarm. It wasn't real thankfully. Maddie has been crying because of the pain after her surgery. The nurses have been giving her morphine and tylenol together for pain management. Please pray that Madison will have a comforting day as she heals. And of course please pray for a fast recovery).

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Madison made it through the surgery well, but I'm sorry to hear that she is in pain. I'll be praying for her.

    How cool to meet Katy Perry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for a good surgery and how sweet KP came to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy your little Madison is getting better. I hope that the pain lets up soon. Addy & I prayed for you the night before & will continue to do so!

    That's great about Katy Perry! You could use a little excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea who Katy Perry is, but I have been praying for Madison daily. I'm glad to read that she made it through the surgery. I pray now for reduction of the pain and for full healing.

    ReplyDelete