Tuesday, June 8, 2010

22 weeks (urgent)

this will be a very short post because i was put on bed rest immediately. i just came back from the maternal fetal medicine and took a vaginal u/s to measure my cervix. It has funneled and now down to 1.5 cm stitch holding up the baby. first i received the u/s photo and she was so beautiful to me and it was the first time i see her eyes open. the u/s can actually capture the pupil of the baby's eyes. anyways, i can't scan in the photo for obvious reasons. and can only get up to eat or go to the bathroom. other than that i'm on the bedrest. i just sent this email request below to my group of girls who come over for bible study and prayer. if you can also lift up a prayer of comfort and hope...

email to my friends...
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to keep everyone posted since my dr's visit today. I had an u/s and they found out my cervix is fully opened. The only thing holding it is the stitch which is 1.5 cm + the baby's butt is at the opening of the cervix which funneled. I've been put on bedrest and have a followup visit 1 week from now. I have been dilating but I pray that I won't go into contractions. Today I'm 22 weeks and baby's viability is not til 25 weeks. Meaning the baby won't survive if born before that. I'm obviously stressed out because I can't have this happen again. I lost Jacob at 21 weeks and doctor did say if I didn't have the cerclage stitch I definitely would have delivered by now. But having a stitch at 1.5 cm won't do much but keep the cervix closed. Please continue to pray that my baby will hold on til' its safe to deliver and that I won't have any contractions until baby is ready to be considered safe outside the womb. My 1st milestone will be 25 weeks
and 2nd will be past 30. Sorry if this does not make sense. My mind is a bit in shock from hearing the news. My husband is very upset and so am I. I continue to rest my faith in God and trust He will save this baby to full term. Thank you for your prayers.

Janet

7 comments:

  1. Janet, I'm lifting you and your baby girl up in my prayers. I'm prayign for a very "boring" week for you in terms of your pregnancy, with no contractions and no further dilation. And during the "boringness", I pray that God grant you and your husband peace and the sense that He is with you. Would you be okay with me posting a note about your prayer request on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope everything turns out okay. I also hope you have a very boring week and find out that all is well at your next appointment.

    {{{hugs}}}

    ...and I've found that a stack of library books and Netflix on my laptop is a great way to stick to that bed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been following your blog as of late and you and the bebe are in my thoughts and prayers. I send you all of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone... I wrote msgs on Laura and Em's blogs. T I tried writing to yours but i'm unable to view your blog. I won't be able to write or check for awhile. But your prayers mean so much to me. I do believe in miracle of prayers... i have access to emails through my phone, so i think there may be a way to email me on my blog. Once again....thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PRAYING FOR YOU - Lord we lift up Janet and her baby to you - please watch over them both and keep lil' baby in there safe and sound until she is ready to come into the world. Please put your hand on Janet to comfort her and help her pass this time on bed rest without fear or stress. She has been trusting in you and we are all praying for a miracle that only You can provide. In Jesus' name, Amen.

    Hang in there girl!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Janet I am SO terribly sorry!!! I will be praying non stop that the next 3 weeks fly by and your little one continues to grow big and strong. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying right now. I had a similar situation at 20w5d and held on with Bobby and Maya for 7 weeks on strict, hospital bedrest. You are doing a great job! MANY PRAYERS!!!

    ReplyDelete