Thursday, February 18, 2010

6 weeks

Sigh...so it's been a rough week but I'm hoping I survived the 6 week mark. There's no way to tell until my U/S due early March and I've got 2 more weeks to go. But I'm learning much patience and trust in God. One of the hardest things was to figure out what to do with my business. As a high risk candidate I was unsure what to do with my dream goals. It's always somehow interfered with the 2 most important but conflicting times of my life. Building a family and building my dream career. I can't let go one or the other.

My occupation as a designer involves inks and solvents. The minute I knew I was pregnant I stopped printing right away. We're even trying to turn to greener methods. So now I have 3 assistants who I think are really God sent and are helping me in this difficult journey. But it's hard to let go and also trust in them to do a good job at what I promise perfection to my clients. And has caused a few stresses. On those days, I try to take a break and walk away to cool down and remember that stress is not very good for my baby. I'm trying to be a good mom but doing what's right and taking it all in stride.

So it's still mum's the word. I haven't told my friends and family in fear of not getting my hopes up too high. So everyday I say a prayer to God. He knows my heart and my fears. But I think I'm doing the right thing and minimizing the risk of not getting involved in the printing process. I'm happy that one of my assistants is back. I have several deadlines this week but I know I can only do it with their help.

I know there are so many moms that are either struggling with their recent losses or dealing with the stress of maintaining their currrent pregnancy. For quite some time I wanted to share with mom's a keepsake that I've created for Jacob November. And will be offering a printing service and website soon to purchase. I've wanted to donate the extra proceeds to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep organization which I think is such a wonderful charity service I would like to support. Hopefully I will be able to write a post on this soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment